[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Source Code Thread

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:21 pm Advanced search

Source Code Thread

Share and discuss ideas for your entries here.

Re: Source Code Thread

Postby grogers » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:09 am

grogers
Lieutenant

Postby Racko » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:26 am

Attachments
src.zip
(16.48 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Racko
Cadet

Postby ademar » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:54 am

ademar
Lieutenant

Postby montanalow » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:37 am

My bot uses about 32KB instruction, and about 4KB data per move, all on the stack, to maximize my minimax depth. I used the standard iterative deepening alpha-beta minimax+voronoi approach, but realized that at any given minimax depth 99% of the processing time was spent in my floodfill voronoi territory calculation. So...

To find the optimal minimax depth, I used iterative deeping, but without calculating the floodfill voronoi territory. I could calculate how many clock cycles 1 voronoi territory calculation cost, then iteratively deepen minimax for relatively no cpu, until I found the max depth, with fewer than my max possible voronoi calculations. At which point I reran minimax to that depth, and performed all the voronoi calculations. Typically all of the iterative deepening was sub 5ms, and I'd only allow 800ms total time to avoid timeout problems.

After clearing hundreds if not thousands of trial games with this time calculation, the day before the contest, my bot timed out in a match, so I frantically shoe horned in a wall clock interrupt *big thanks ebrahim*. Unfortunately I was leaving for my vacation, and didn't realize I had a subtle bug in the new timeout code. So 10 minutes before the deadline, I uploaded a version with the wall clock interrupt stripped back out.

Here that is:

PS. I tried many tie-breaker strategies for when minimax couldn't differentiate, and found that moving to the walliest square would beat a random differentiator 57-43 in my 100 test boards, as well as every other idea I came up with.
Attachments
cpp.zip
(17.05 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
montanalow
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Janzert » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:57 pm

Source code and some information about the bot by Fritz and I made can be found . It also has the source from my original UTC bot there.

Features that might be unique are, bitboard representation of the map and the tree of chambers splits on 2-connected chambers not just all articulation points*. Not sure if anything else is particularly unique, it does switch to endgame search as appropriate within the alphabeta search but while I haven't seen it explicitly mentioned I imagine most of the other top finishers are doing so as well.

Janzert
Janzert
Contest Organizer

Postby Fritzlein » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Fritzlein
Colonel

Postby grogers » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:51 pm

grogers
Lieutenant

Postby MrMooh » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:06 pm

is my AI. It only uses a simple floodfill, attack and wallhug evaluator but can be easily extended.
MrMooh
Cadet

Previous

Return to Strategy