[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Tronte Carlo

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:22 am Advanced search

Tronte Carlo

Share and discuss ideas for your entries here.

Re: Tronte Carlo

Postby lambda-bandit » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:30 am

#79 with UCT.

My UCT is quite the simplest (with UCB from the original paper of UCT, 0 for a lose, 0.5 for a draw, 1 for a win). I only improved the solved leaves with a high number of fake simulation to not wast time on these leaves (maybe too much, I need a hack to avoid integer overflow).

On survival mode, I switch to a UCT with bounds, which I never seen waste space on contest parties. It is not soo good : in maps/playground.txt, I find a 120 moves path in 3 seconds, 173 in 1 min and 179 in 14 min (on 196 squares). Deep Search First find 158 in 3 seconds, 173 in 16 min, 179 in 30 min and 184 in 15h12 (DSF explore nodes 4 times faster than UCT because of monte carlo).

My simulations are very simple : 3 times more chance to go straingt than the other moves. I think using 3 to 10 different randomized strategies can improve a lot the quality of the simulation (for example preference to walls, preference for opponent direction, and total random, chosing randomly one of these simulations for each simulation on UCT leaves), but I didn't had the time to explore this way.

(And it was the first time I was using haskell. It is an excellent language.)
lambda-bandit
Cadet

Postby sasp777 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:51 am

Lambda-bandit, by straight you mean "doing whatever was the previous move"?
sasp777
Lieutenant

Postby lefant » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:13 am

My bot is using UCT and ranked #134. Find some details on my blog:
http://lefant.net/logposts/2010-02-28-- ... challenge/

It seems jmcarthur also participated with a UCT bot:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=358&p=1886#p1886

He is #105 in the final results.
lefant
Cadet

Postby mtcbot » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:14 am

My monte carlo based bot ranked 66. For source code, see
mtcbot
Cadet

Postby lambda-bandit » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:18 am

Yes. In an open zone, I'll have 3/5 chance to play the previous move, and 1/5 chance to play the others.
lambda-bandit
Cadet

Postby Fritzlein » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Fritzlein
Colonel

Postby Lykos42 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:37 pm

My first bot also used Monte Carlo. I only meant that as a joke, I was really surprised when it got to place 40 and stayed there for a while. But I have to admit that that was two weeks ago when the bots where still a lot weaker.

I used Ruby for that Bot, I only wrote a small 50 line version without any more sophisticated bots than just random bots, so I was really surprised about the performance.
Lykos42
Cadet

Previous

Return to Strategy