[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Your program took longer than 10 minutes to run?

It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:18 am Advanced search

Your program took longer than 10 minutes to run?

Code won't compile? Found a bug? Post here!

Your program took longer than 10 minutes to run?

Postby parazitus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi!

When I first submitted my program I got "Early exit" as a response. I don't think it's a crash because I resubmitted with a depth bound to 2 and it works just fine now.
I'm assuming that the Early Exit was referring to the statement "Your program took longer than 10 minutes to run" or "something else".

Can anyone comment on the "longer than 10 minutes to run" phrase? I don't remember reading anything in the rules about that so I'm quite confused. Locally my program works fine with just a time limit (no depth limit) and it doesn't get suspended by the java tron engine.

para
parazitus
Lieutenant

Re: Your program took longer than 10 minutes to run?

Postby dutchflyboy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:16 pm

I had that error message returned when I forgot to remove the debugging, which tried to write files to the disk. Maybe that's the problem?
dutchflyboy
Colonel

Postby parazitus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:09 pm

Can't be that, I'm using a macro flag that I define only when I compile locally and I haven't modified anything in that field lately.
I'll look into that more carefully just to make sure.

I'm really concerned what the 10 minutes stand for. I have no idea right now and therefore I can't really fix my program since I don't know what needs fixing.

para
parazitus
Lieutenant

Postby montanalow » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:45 am

montanalow
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby parazitus » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Many thanks for the script! I'll try it in a short while.
parazitus
Lieutenant

Postby parazitus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Thanks very much, your script was VERY helpful. I finally had a time-related bug after all. And I changed from clock() to gettimeofday(...) for better resolution. It now seems to work on my machine so thanks.

para
parazitus
Lieutenant

Return to Technical Issues