[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - ATTN: Contest Organizers

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:11 pm Advanced search

ATTN: Contest Organizers

Code won't compile? Found a bug? Post here!

ATTN: Contest Organizers

Postby ademar » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:42 am

After dedicating a month to the contest I think it is only fair that my question is addressed.

Mine and other contestants submissions are not listed in the final score board. It has been suggested, although
nobody have directly answered me, that the submissions were suspended.

In my case, as you can see in the following link my bot played uninterruptedly up today in the morning with a record of 164 wins, 27 draws and 23 losses (i counted them).

http://csclub.uwaterloo.ca/contest/prof ... er_id=1651

When was my bot suspended ? From the list of games it seems it played the whole tournament till the end.

Please let me know what was the issue with my bot. I still hope that there was a technical glitch somewhere.

Thanks.
ademar
Lieutenant

Re: ATTN: Contest Organizers

Postby ademar » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:16 am

ademar
Lieutenant

Postby analyst74 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:20 am

That's still a pity, I was hoping to meet you in the field.

It is still strange that after playing about 200 games, your bot would time out somehow.
analyst74
Major

Postby ademar » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:30 am

Hi! Thanks for the kind words! And congratulations, you did excellent out there.

With the time-out I can live, I knew that my time checks where flaky.

Still I had a lot fun, Thank you all for that.

Now gonna work in porting my bot to F#.
ademar
Lieutenant

Postby Queue29 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:07 am

Queue29
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby analyst74 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 am

analyst74
Major

Postby amstan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:13 am

Hey ademar,

Is your question solved then? Is there anything else to be done?
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby timwintle » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:11 pm

amstan - I was one of those who's submission was suspended (a timout) - I appreciate that it's the rules, and I should have looked into better ways to use the entire time - but is there any chance you could post the entire history of games so that we can run our own rankings over them and see roughly where we would have stood if we were not suspended?

Thanks for the contest btw :-)
timwintle
Cadet

Postby ademar » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:43 pm

ademar
Lieutenant

Return to Technical Issues