It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:11 pm Advanced search

Crash after first move

Code won't compile? Found a bug? Post here!

Crash after first move

Postby kronos » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:38 pm

When I made my program play a bot, it just crashes in the first move and declares the bot the winner.
Then, I made my MakeMove function return "South" always, and it STILL crashes in move #1...
All the files are in their appropriate directories...I doubt that's the problem (as it wouldn't run at all as opposed to starting the game and declaring the bot the winner).
Any ideas on what's going on?
kronos
Lieutenant

Re: Compiling error

Postby amstan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Please remember that the bot is supposed to be outputting just the move as an integer and nothing else.
Another thing good to know is that your bot is not executed every turn, it just starts once at the beggining of the game, and after every output it should be prepared to receive an updated map.
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby kronos » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Well...even after redownloading the sarter package, it still crashes on the first move.

I think there's a problem with my batch file...but it worked recently, and I didn't change anything...

hmm..
kronos
Lieutenant

Postby kronos » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:31 am

Ok, after downloading the starter package again, and starting fresh, my .bat file still crashes on first move. any ideas why?
kronos
Lieutenant

Postby amstan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:33 am

I have no idea why your bat file crashes. Maybe you could post it here and we might have an answer.
I also edited your topic title to be more accurate, this has nothing to do with compiling errors.
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Return to Technical Issues