[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Visualising AI state

It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:57 am Advanced search

Visualising AI state

Topics about starter packages, visualizer or any other third party tools.
Please submit new language requests in the Language Request Forum.

Re: Visualising AI state

Postby gvsmirnov » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:59 pm

gvsmirnov
Captain

Postby jab_bott » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:53 am

jab_bott
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby MrMr » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:48 am

Cool, thanks jab_bott it's working. I hasn't used it for anything real yet but I bet it will be really useful.
MrMr
Lieutenant

Postby master_ninja » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:42 am

Very nice jab_bott!

Here's my (apparently) insane bot (the lines tell where the ants are heading):

I was doing also doing pygame based debug visualizer that parsed special debug file to display lines and state, but your system is definitely better so I guess I'm using it instead :)
master_ninja
Cadet

Postby JimmFlimm » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:49 pm

very nice, good job!
JimmFlimm
Captain

Postby gvsmirnov » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:56 pm

gvsmirnov
Captain

Postby isysBot » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Brilliant stuff! Love the idea and will be really useful - keep up the hard work.
I have tried it out and all seems good when running on the tutorial map, but any other map it isn't displaying my overlays. I am just trying to output a static circle which is being output as soon as its my turn so no problems with my ants or anything. Any ideas?
isysBot
Cadet

Postby JimmFlimm » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:28 pm

JimmFlimm
Captain

Postby pedrosorio » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:28 pm

pedrosorio
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby jab_bott » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:02 pm

master_ninja: It's not your bot that's insane - it's the line function, it draws wrapped if you draw to coordinates outside the screen, but if you wrap your points it draws the line direct (not wrapped). I should fix this so that it picks the shortest (wrapped) line and draws that one.

gvsmirnov: That's a good idea to have named layers. The main difficulty here is implementing the visualizer to have a nice UI to toggle them on/off and switch between which bot's overlays to show. It's doable though :)

isysBot: I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the circle: Is it transparent? Is it completely off the map?

JimmFlimm: You are right... Bots should draw overlays for "where they are/were" at the beginning of their turn, plus what they are thinking for next turn, because they don't know if their expected state next turn will be achieved. My bot code draws where it thinks it will be, so these two bugs hid each other from me!!! I will fix this.

pedrosorio: Probably the rest of your code-base is out of date as my code-base is up to date with the epsilon branch on the aichallenge repo (there have been some changes to the website directory but not to the ants directory). Instead of copying these files into your tools directory (which might be old) get the ants directory from this repo instead of your tools directory.

I will look into these issues from Tuesday as I need to catch up with ai-class.com lessons and homework!!
jab_bott
Lieutenant-Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Starter Packages & Tools