[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Final and timeouts

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:05 am Advanced search

Final and timeouts

Questions and discussions about the current Ant Game Rules.

Final and timeouts

Postby lama3oid » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Guys, I'm already tired of posting my problems here. Especially when all my topics/posts were left without any answer from administration. First I had game rate lower than most of people have -- about 1 game in 24 hours for few days, then someone broke C# and my skill was reset to zero, then appeared problem with timeout, but it disappeared after some time, then finals started and I had only 6 games when more than half of players had 10-15 and now timeouts again.
I undestand that it's complex enough system and everything could happen, but why most of other players are doing well when I have problems one after one and nobody answers why it's happening ?
Feeling myself like a moaner, but don't know, what else to do.

Now again, timeouts. from my 5 latest games 3 were ended with timeout. amount of my ants in these games: 63, 25, 26.
why it's happening ? there are games on the server where my bot succesfully played with 400+ ants and a lot of battles in the same time. I can only imagine how many skill points I will lose because of that. And I'm sure it touches not only me.
I we had this problem from the beginning, some of us would leave the competition, some of us would chose another language.
but I already spent tens of hours for my bot and it was playing normally, but then timeouts started.

I really hope at least this time someone will answer me... all of us.
lama3oid
Captain

Re: Final and timeouts

Postby lama3oid » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:56 pm

and +1 game and +1 timeout at 63 ants
lama3oid
Captain

Postby BenJackson » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:02 pm

GreedyBot has timed out several times
BenJackson
Colonel

Postby Darhuuk » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Darhuuk
Colonel

Postby lama3oid » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:01 pm

again timeout at 51 ants.
http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?g ... 9&user=453
Should be at least #3 or higher, but took 6-th place because of it. And no answer.
In the neighbour topic Janzert said next: "I want to make sure that nobody is unfairly left down in the mass of starter bots", but seems, nobody cares about other problems :(
lama3oid
Captain

Postby GreenTea » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:31 pm

Hi lama3oid. I wrote bot on java. Several weeks ago I have also a lot of timeouts, and can't undestany why. Testing on bot input from timeouted games shows that my bot works fast enough to not timeout. I started to think of some mystic, - maby this is GC starting in some point stops execution.. But then I accidentaly found out that can make sampling profiling (using hprof). And, found tons of slow code! After fixing it bot start to play in average 40% faster and all timouts gone. I don't know, maybe your case is different, but this was my expirience..
GreenTea
Major

Postby NiveusPrime » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Ants bot:
NiveusPrime
Lieutenant

Postby Tortortor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:20 pm

page 2: 4/50 timeout
from my point of view this can't be proof "problem is not on server"
Tortortor
Major

Postby lama3oid » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:51 am

lama3oid
Captain

Postby lama3oid » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:02 pm

And again - today had 11 games without timeouts and then 4 timeouts in a row. the night had come and my ants fall asleep or how else to explain that ?..

edit: already 5 in a row
lama3oid
Captain

Next

Return to Game Specifications