[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Ants is over!

It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:20 am Advanced search

Ants is over!

Random stuff about the contest, posts that don't fit in the other forums.

Re: Ants is over!

Postby tidan2 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:56 pm

i have a question, why it that the a player that ends the game with more ants can still be ranked after other players when, there is a better than 50% odds that that player would eventually be the last ant hill standing if the turns were extended?

for example

http://aichallenge.org/visualizer.php?g ... 95&user=31

Flagcapper is ranked fourth, loses points because of it, but look in the game and he actually has the biggest area of the map, with the most ants so why 4th?

i presume the algorithm is much more complex than simply, most ants get most points but it does seem illogical
o, i think i got it, is it whoever destroys the most ant hills get the highest rank?
Last edited by tidan2 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tidan2
Cadet

Postby AReallyGoodName » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:59 pm

You only get points for hills taken (you also get the hill taken point if your opponent times out).
AReallyGoodName
Cadet

Postby tidan2 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:00 pm

ok, good
tidan2
Cadet

Postby Tortortor » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:26 pm

and my 5 coins: Flagcapper was not so good in this particular game to score it up
Tortortor
Major

Postby tictac » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:22 am

tictac
Lieutenant

Postby Janzert » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:18 am

Pairing cutoff is now going to 2000 over the next 4 hours.
Janzert
Contest Organizer

Postby Janzert » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:11 pm

And the cutoff is now headed for 1000 will arrive in roughly 4 hours at 7pm EST
Janzert
Contest Organizer

Postby Djaarf » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:47 am

My last submission was placed 30th and each of my last 3 submission got into top 50 in 30-40 games.
Now I barely placed in top 100... :oops: It was very unexpected :o I will go kill myself with a wall.
I realize that my algorithm is far from the ideal, but this gap between my current and previous positions is unbelievable.
Djaarf
Cadet

Postby qgazq » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:52 am

Mine is a fair bit lower (worse off) than where I got pre finals.
I'm putting it down to the whole large sigma making you go lower thing.
I.e. every new version you had to rise up.
Therefore if the good players keep uploading new version they will be lower than they should be a reasonable proportion of the time, so if you leave one if your version on for a few days it would be higher than it should be.

I might be talking nonsense but seems to make sense in my brain.

Regards
QGazQ
qgazq
Cadet

Postby Djaarf » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:12 am

imo 30-40 games is not so many
Djaarf
Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Misc