It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:13 pm Advanced search

So Close

Code won't compile? Found a bug? Post here!

So Close

Postby marc.andrysco » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:50 am

I entered this competition only Thursday, sometime in the afternoon. Having come across it the competition the day before, I was randomly thinking about it during class and came up with some ideas. Then, in those 36 hours, I produced on working bot, and tried to improve upon it with a newer one. Thinking it was working, I submitted it, but I noticed a bug just before the deadline. Only minutes past the deadline, I was able to fix it, although file submission was already closed. I attached to here, just for the sake of it. Anyway, it was fun playing. I wish I had heard about this sooner, but oh well, what can you do? I suppose, at least I got a gimped bot in there.

Thanks Again,
Marc Andrysco
Attachments
TronBot.zip
(75.66 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
marc.andrysco
Cadet

Re: So Close

Postby amstan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:54 am

That's why you shouldn't cut it so late. I'm sorry about your entry.
Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Re: So Close

Postby marc.andrysco » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:36 am

Oh, I most definitely would have entered earlier if I had known of it's existence before Wednesday. Having started, I was having so much fun I just kept working on it through the night and following day all the way up until submission, so I wasn't exactly trying to cut it so close, I just didn't have the time to spread it out and work out the kinks in a timely. No worries, next time I'll try to keep a better eye out for these types of things.
marc.andrysco
Cadet

Return to Technical Issues