[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Thank you

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:19 pm Advanced search

Thank you

Random stuff about the contest, posts that don't fit in the other forums.

Thank you

Postby ridcully99 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:18 am

I just wanted to thank all of the organisators at waterloo university for the great challenge. You really did an awesome job here, guys!
ridcully99
Cadet

Re: Thank you

Postby ebrahim » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:29 pm

Thanks.
ebrahim
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby iouri_ » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:57 pm

iouri_
Brigadier-General

Postby Fritzlein » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Yeah, awesome event!
Fritzlein
Colonel

Postby Janzert » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Thank you, wonderful event. Good problem that was easy to get something working to start with but had plenty of depth to keep improving for the length of the contest.

Janzert
Janzert
Contest Organizer

Postby analyst74 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:48 pm

It has been great fun and wonderful way to spend many many hours. I am glad that this is finally finished too, or wife is going to get grumpy. (unrecognizable yelling at the background)
analyst74
Major

Postby Maxime81 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Yep this contest was really interesting and I personally learned few new things so it's really cool. I'm looking forward for the next contest event :P. And I bet we can have more than 1000 competitors ;).
Maxime81
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby dutchflyboy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:45 am

I agree, thanks for hosting the event! It must have been a technical nightmare to host all this, and I'm impressed how well this was handled (well, I shouldn't say this yet, the tournement results aren't in yet :D ). So, thanks again!
dutchflyboy
Colonel

Postby a1k0n » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:51 am

Yes, thank you thank you thank you. I was first exposed to this game back in the 80s on my uncle's Invellivision - anyone else remember ? I've often wondered how hard it would be to write an AI for it (the bots in Snafu were pretty much "follow the wall unless someone picks up a controller to play" and were really easy to beat) but never actually tried it until now. It's like fulfilling a life-long dream. :)
a1k0n
Colonel

Postby afri » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:28 am

maxi-max kudos to all organizers from one Red Hat engineer :) thank you folks!
afri
Cadet

Next

Return to Misc