[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Similar contests?

It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:31 am Advanced search

Similar contests?

Random stuff about the contest, posts that don't fit in the other forums.

Similar contests?

Postby krzyk1 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi,
Are there any similar contests to this one?
(AI related, or some other algorithmic)
I know of project Euler (from time to time I'm doing some stuff there), can you recommend anything else?
krzyk1
Cadet

Re: Similar contests?

Postby Maxime81 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 pm

I'm sorry I know no contest like this on the Internet so I probably don't answer your question but :

In France there are :
- Prologin (http://www.prologin.org/) : 36 hours non stop to code an AI. To be able to do it you must be less than 20 years old and live in European Union or Switzerland. (I finished 18th in 2007 and a friend of mine won it in 2005 :))

- Cod'INSA (http://codinsa.insa-lyon.fr/) : 24 hours non stop but in team of 5. But you have to be an INSA student for that so I doubt that can interest a lot of people there... (I'm one of the organizer)
Maxime81
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby a1k0n » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:22 pm

The contest (usually held in July or August) is always fun. Highly recommended.
a1k0n
Colonel

Postby Fritzlein » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:03 am

I don't know if you are only interested in short-term contests, but a long-term AI prize is available through the . The prize this year is $16,250. It's a fun bunch of people competing for it, including the developers of a Go champion, an Octi champion, a Rochambeau champion, and part of the . Plus Arimaa is itself a really fun game. :)
Fritzlein
Colonel

Postby wtarle » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:33 am

I plan on continuing this challenge independently complete with live stats, etc. Sign up here if you are interested.
wtarle
Lieutenant

Return to Misc