[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Having problems with PlayGame.jar or ShowGame.jar?

It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:45 am Advanced search

Having problems with PlayGame.jar or ShowGame.jar?

Code won't compile? Found a bug? Post here!

Re: Having problems with PlayGame.jar or ShowGame.jar?

Postby temp_dummy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:14 pm

C# Game Debugger Suite for Windows *Out now*

Features: Debug every line of your bot as it plays the game.
Take as long as you want.

Files and instructions on thread:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=567&p=3455#p3455
temp_dummy
Colonel

Postby harry » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Does this version of PlayGame respect the 2-3 second initialization timeout before sending the first turn?
harry
Cadet

Postby mccolgst » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:07 am

a1k0n this was extremely helpful and makes my programming experience much less pain inducing!

Thank you!

Sean
mccolgst
Cadet

Postby zlobni.vampir » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:17 pm

this post has views, so it probably deems info given here popular and/or useful for people (at least it was to me). So why not provide newcomers with a link not only to the default starter packages (which didn't work on my Win7 laptop, but worked fine on WinXP), but also link this thread/files for those who experience 'player timed out' problems with default starter pkgs?
It should be much more useful, than allowing submission of unmodified starter-included bots (imo)
zlobni.vampir
Cadet

Postby elementface » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:45 pm

I run the playgame and showgame, but it loads forever and never runs. I downloaded the updated versions, but no dice. Any help?
elementface
Cadet

Postby n.n-dmt » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Hello.

I've run into a problem.

I made a rather complex bot, and when trying to run it was defeated on the first turn. It was such a pain to detect the reason of the forfeits. Anyway, I've fixed it and now PlayGame gets stuck at 100%, no turns passing or anything. That 1.2 version doesn't seem to help. I don't know if I did something wrong or what, has somebody experienced this problem?

I've uploaded it succesfully so I'm waiting if the server can run it, but I'd prefer to test it in my computer.

Running Arch Linux x86-64, OpenJDK6, Intel Q6600, the bot itself is in C++ compiled with g++ 4.5.1.

Edit: lol, you posted just before I did. What platform do you develop the bot on?
n.n-dmt
Cadet

Postby zlobni.vampir » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:25 pm

zlobni.vampir
Cadet

Postby elementface » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:07 am

elementface
Cadet

Postby Zilog8 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:20 am

Hey, would it be possible to get a PlayGame.jar that follows the same "overtime" algorithm as the server (ends at 200 turns, and winner is the one with the most ships)? Need it for some automated testing, and the computer I'm on doesn't have the JDK.
Zilog8
Cadet

Postby hazzik » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:53 pm

hazzik
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Issues