[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - Top 50 bot Open-Sourced! (C#)

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:41 am Advanced search

Top 50 bot Open-Sourced! (C#)

Share and discuss ideas for your entries here.

Re: Top 50 bot Open-Sourced! (C#)

Postby Xrillo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:26 pm

I was actually quick enough to download the sources. But I'm not going to look at them before the contest ends. I see this competition as a way to let out my built up code rage! :P

When the contest is over I'll have something to look at and say "oooooh, why didn't I think of that!"..

What kind of pleasure/kick/glory would you gain from uploading someone elses code? It won't win the contest.. If you're good enough to modify the code to win the contest.. then why not start from scratch? :)
Xrillo
Captain

Postby amstan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Alexandru M. Stan
Contest Organizer
amstan
Contest Organizer

Postby voidptr » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:47 pm

voidptr
Brigadier-General

Postby Demerzel » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:40 pm

damn sorry i missed this

regarding the sentiment of 'source code ruins the competition because it raises the bar and/or is specific to C#' - if you can't code basic arithmetic for predictive analysis in your chosen language then i don't think others having others' code is going to matter as far as whether you will lose - what's important are the ideas being exchanged

my first bot was something like your pseudocode - it was purely 'if x score impact > y score impact then do x else do y unless y cost:value <1' and it got up to 150ish to my surprise since it had maybe a 50% win rate on dhartmei's server - even my current one though evolved quite a bit has at the source of the logic 'most possible value target' with almost no exceptions (but the lack of decision trees are why i lose atm)

i am still holding out and trying for a purely mathematical bot that doesn't follow human thought patterns that i if/elseif but i'm starting to think either it's not possible or my coding ability just doesn't go that far ;)

i'd love to see the source - i'd even exchange my C# version of whatever you have if you want, email to the right ->
Demerzel
Colonel

Postby synesso » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:13 am

I'm curious as to why you separate planets you are going to lose from planets you have yet to take. My bot is around 1k, so not as advanced as yours. And I'm struggling to make it any better. But I don't think there's any difference between your planet to lose and another planet to win.

Given any current state of the board you can play out the future states until all fleets are subsumed. At this stage, if there is a planet which is not yours and the best looking target (as per distance/regen/pop scoring), you should target that first. It doesn't matter if it was yours to being with, right?
synesso
Cadet

Postby Demerzel » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:42 pm

Demerzel
Colonel

Postby synesso » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:32 pm

synesso
Cadet

Postby Demerzel » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:41 pm

Demerzel
Colonel

Postby mogron » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:36 pm

mogron
Lieutenant

Postby Vort74 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:37 am

Any chance of getting a copy of your code? I have very little programming experience, and am having trouble writing code for basic things like... find the closest planet.
Vort74
Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy