It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:21 pm Advanced search

Here are some simple bots for local testing

Share and discuss ideas for your entries here.

Re: Here are some simple bots for local testing

Postby Nargil » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:26 pm

I've tested them using tcp server from a virtual machine. They tend to throw java expections, but were able to play a whole game.
Nargil
Cadet

Postby eburnette » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:37 am

That's weird, it's not exactly a deep thinker.
eburnette
Captain

Postby Bashorings » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:08 am

Is there any way (maybe a parameter) to turn off the logging (all the messages that are printed by the error stream)? I am using evolutionary computation and I think keeping it from printing all the time would increase the speed of my process.
Bashorings
Cadet

Postby mleise » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Hey, I have a great idea!
In the next contest we should be able to 'release' our source code during the contest. That means that a submission you release, can be downloaded by other participants. But they can only download it as long as their ELO is 500 (800?) points higher. Practically such a pair of bots would not be matched against each other anyway so you don't get information that will directly affect the contest.
Additionally I like the idea of giving new participants a feeling of achievement when they unlock a new bot to test with.
mleise
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby DGL_Flash » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:19 pm

I think it is a good idea to get down and make some suggestions to make the next contest even better.

It would also be nice to enable players to upload 2or3 versions of there bot in the "testing phase". The highest ranked bot is than automatically advancing to the final competition.

Things like changes to the map-pool should occur earlier in the test phase, so the attendees will be used to it and not wasting time in the forum complaining about it.
DGL_Flash
Lieutenant-Colonel

Previous

Return to Strategy