[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AI Challenge Forums • View topic - C# first turn timeout... Again.

It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:26 pm Advanced search

C# first turn timeout... Again.

Code won't compile? Found a bug? Post here!

C# first turn timeout... Again.

Postby CorwinAlex » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:36 pm

As I can see, lately all of C# bots gets "crashed / did not start / timeout" on their first turn.
jimrogerz - http://www.ai-contest.com/visualizer.ph ... id=9366065
_Astek_ - http://www.ai-contest.com/visualizer.ph ... id=9366521
CorwinAlex - http://www.ai-contest.com/visualizer.ph ... id=9344836
sajmon - http://www.ai-contest.com/visualizer.ph ... id=9353217
Can admins give any explanation on this?
CorwinAlex
Cadet

Re: C# first turn timeout... Again.

Postby Janzert » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Hmm, certainly nothing has been changed. As I'm sure you're probably aware there were many problems getting C# even close to stable on the servers. Including a script that has to constantly run to clean up leaked semaphores after it runs. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if there are still problems lurking there. Sorry there isn't any definitive answer or solution to it, I did spend almost two weeks of the contest working on pretty much only that.

Janzert
Janzert
Contest Organizer

Postby jimrogerz » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:27 pm

jimrogerz
Cadet

Postby Astek » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:02 pm

There are more of such time outs :(

http://ai-contest.com/visualizer.php?game_id=9365333

They all happened between Nov 30th 09:50:00 till Nov 30th 10:00:00, is there any specific action done at that time?

Most of the bots are deterministic so just let bots play this games again...

Or is there any chance just to invalidate them if other options are to complicated?

It's not fair...
Astek
Captain

Postby Janzert » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:10 pm

I understand that it is incredibly frustrating when you lose due to something outside of your control. I'm sorry we were unable to make the C# runtime completely stable on the contest servers. Unfortunately since it appears that the problem is caused by issues with the language runtime these games will be allowed to stand. If I started to remove, replay or change games that appear to be the result of runtime problems it quickly becomes a very subjective judgment call and I believe quite bad for the fairness of the contest. Although I know it doesn't make it feel much better on your end the good thing is that it seems to have only been a small fraction of games that were effected.

Sorry I can't give you happier news and I hope you're able to enjoy the rest of the contest without further problems.

Janzert
Janzert
Contest Organizer

Postby CorwinAlex » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:16 pm

It looks like problem was only for a small period of time. In that case, may I suggest to stop all the games while you making any changes to server?
CorwinAlex
Cadet

Postby Janzert » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:40 pm

There were no changes made to the servers during that time period. In fact I was sleeping for most if not all of it.

Janzert
Janzert
Contest Organizer

Return to Technical Issues